Monday, May 12, 2008

MOJO Monday

It has been forever since I participated in a Mojo Monday sketch. I always love the sketches, but forget to play. Honestly though, with the number of challenges that are out there, it is hard to remember them all! I needed a birthday card(about a week ago, but who's counting) so I decided to use Julee's challenge as well as the technique lover's challenge which was to first emboss an image and then watercolor it in. I chose to use the rhinoceros from the SU set Zoofari. I embossed it with black ep and then colored it in with my SU markers. I then sponged around the edges to create the sky and grass. I love Pretty in Pink and Wasabi together and quite frankly, I am going to be super sad to see it go. I have a plan this year though, every order I place from now until the end of the current SU catalog will have a package of each of the in colors included. Some of the people that went on the cruise for SU have posted the new colors and I have to be honest when I say that I hope they are better in person because if they are taking away my Wasabi, they better have a FANTASTIC alternative or I just don't see how it could be worth it. Am I alone here?? Anyway, the rest of the card is pretty easy to figure out-lots of ribbon, lots of brads, some punched flowers and piercing and Viola', it's a card!! I am still feeling crappy, but I have so much to do that every time I lay down my mind starts racing. I have a meeting in 45minutes and then I plan on resting(ya right). Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!!
stamps-Zoofari, Birthday Banter
paper-Wild Wasabi, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, and Pretty in Pink DSP
ink-Black Stazon, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, and Versamark
tools-silver brads, flower punch, wasabi ribbon, white taffeta, pink gingham, SU markers, black ep, sponge, paper piercer, white gel pen

7 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Love the soft colors and the added flowers on the side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You silly........you were supposed to be resting!! Instead you go and create another gorgeous card!! And thanks for the reminder, I've been wanting to join in with the Monday Mojo for a long time and keep forgetting!!! I agree with you........I LOVE that Wasabi....actually all of the current IN colors...and I'm not too thrilled about the new ones coming out.......which reminds me to stock up now!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is fabulous! your rhino is too cute! I totally agree, not crazy about the 'look' of the new colors & will miss ALL of the ones this year (bummed because I WISH they would just get RID of some & REPLACE them with this year's IN COLORS) like Bravo Burguny can be replaced with Pomegranate, Handsome Hunter should be replaced by Wasabi, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love your piercing all around the edge! I know what you mean about challenges...I have a binder full of sketch challenges I mean to do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ca-yute!!!! I'm with you on the Wild Wasabi...and I'm gonna miss Soft Sky (that one is my fave).

    I hope you're feeling better!! Nothin' worse then a headache IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Card (as usual) - love your work!! As for the colours, well here in Australia the In Colour range you are talking about was only released on 1st April and will be around until the end of March 2009 - if you are super desperate I could send you some! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!