Monday, March 3, 2008

She Makes a Very Good Point

I just want to start out saying that I appreciate all of your comments about the situation that happened to me this weekend, maybe all hope isn't lost!!! I did receive one comment from my friend Laura(scrapnextras) where she stated that she would want to make a better example for her kids, and it made me think of something else I wanted to say. First I want to start this by saying that no I don't live on a soapbox, but sometimes when you let the inner "beast"(for lack of a better word) out, it is really hard to reign her in. Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, Older Siblings, Teachers, whatever, try to always be aware of the message you are sending to the youth of our world. Children see and do everything that we do, and if we are sending out the wrong message, what else can we expect. Now, I do believe that children should mind their elders, but why make it any harder than it has to be. For instance, you can't yell at your children for not sharing or being nice to other children, if you aren't being considerate to those around you. You can't yell at your children for not cleaning their room, if you never clean yours. Does that make sense. Yes yes, I know, they are the children, we are the adults, they should listen to us, but think of how confusing it is to them if you say one thing, and do another. Just something to think about. Now, for my next card. I will slowly dismount my soapbox to tell you about my latest creations. Isn't it cute!!! I wanted to participate in Beate's weekend sketch challenge, I wanted to use this Kangaroo because it is the only Just So Hoppy animal I haven't used, and I wanted to use this super yummy ribbon I got from my cyber pal Jodi(kharmagirl). What do you think?? This card weighs a ton, for starters. I think there are 14 layers on it, might be my record!! I used Elegant Eggplant for the base and layered it with Lavender Lace and Whisper White. The larger strip is So Saffron, White, and then So Saffron DSP. I stamped the kangaroo from Just So Hoppy on watercolor paper and colored her with my SU markers, cut her out and popped her up. I do realize now that I am typing this, that she is "hopping" backwards, but oh well, it could happen, right?? The sentiment is also from the JSH set. I tied the ribbon Jodi got me around the bottom and used some pretty brads that someone I traded a punch with sent me. Any questions, don't be afraid to ask!!
Thanks for looking, and for listening. Have a great day!!
stamps-Just So Hoppy
paper- Elegant Eggplant, Lavender Lace, So Saffron, Whisper White, watercolor, and So Saffron DSP
ink- Black Stazon
tools- brads, ribbon, SU markers, Aquapainter

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya Jessie........and sometimes the soapbox is a good place to be...it can help ourselves as much others!! The world won't become a better place if we all shut up!!!! LOL

    Now.........the first thing that JUMPED out at me about this card is the amazing color combo!!! I love it!! Adorable kanga and cute layout!!! You better be entering these fantastic creations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stand up and preach sister! I mean it! It's one of the things that bugs me the most - inconsiderate children and youth! And you're right - it's the parents to blame!

    Love this card! It's darling! I've got to try Beate's sketch sometime. . .just as soon as I finish these swaps. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am glad you did stamp afterall...beautiful sketch,and the colors...lovely !!!!
    tfs,
    chat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your colour choices and your colouring! Wonderful Easter card!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!