Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September Creative Challenge-No Patterned Paper

Hey everyone and welcome to this month's My Favorite Things Creative Challenge!!! This month's challenge was SUPER fun!! If you aren't familiar with the challenge, here is a little background:


The MFT Design Team Creative Challenge is a monthly feature, where we are challenged to explore our creative side using a specific theme, product, or technique. This month, we were challenged to create a card or project with no patterned paper.  Be sure to check out the MFT Blog for a list of all participating designers who have a project to share with you today. 




For my first card, I used the Distressed Diamonds set to create my background pieces. They were stamped with Cantaloupe, Pear Tart, and Summer Sky ink from Memento on Sweet Tooth cardstock. I used the Fishtail Banner Die-namics to cut them out. The base of my card is Fossil cardstock. My embellishments are Hemp Cord and Michael's brads.


Here is a detail shot of my sentiment panel. I used the Open Scalloped Doily Duo Die-namics in Sno Cone cardstock, the High-rise Lowercase Alphabet Die-namics in Sour Apple, and the Layered Rose Die-namics in Banana Split.


And I just can't get enough of the Large Fancy Flourish Die-namics...it's so gorgeous!!


For the inside, I used the Clearly Sentimental about Family stamp set, along with a piece of the Large Fancy Flourish Die-namics. My sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and Cantaloupe. 



For my second card, I used the Pure Innocence Superboy set. He was colored with Copics, and then layered with Whirlypop(Bazzill), Lemon Drop, and Wild Cherry cardstock. I used the Stacking Stars Die-namics to embellish, along with Michael's brads, Wild Cherry Grosgrain, and some Lemon Drop Twine. For my background, I used a stamp from the Lollipop Treat set with Ladybug and Dandelion ink from Memento.  For my scallops, I used the Simply Scallloped Medium Die-namics.



I personalized the SUPER symbol using the Mini Banner Day Alphabet. I used a J for Jonah. Jonah is my cousin Casie's son(story to follow, maybe).


I decided to personalize it a little bit more by spelling out Jonah with the Mini Banner Day Alphabet.



For the inside, I used more of the same supplies, and a sentiment from the Pure Innocence EMT Girl set.

Here are the Die-namics I have used:









Well, that is it for me for now!! Head to Kim's Blog for a full list of Designers playing along today, and have a great day!! 





10 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous! Lol I love that super hero one...too cute Great layering as always too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo! love these both Jessie. beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the 'hi' card: how you stamped the diamond pattern on the banners, the colors, and the flower/scroll. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 terrific cards!...love the personalized super hero!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cards. Love the details on each one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these cards are wonderful Jessie! The various colors of Distressed Diamonds looks so pretty and that blossom is beautiful! Love the Super hero card for Jonah! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards Jessie, and filled with much love, you can tell! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE both of these girlie!!! That first card ROCKS! And i LOVE your card for Jonah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! Love the boldness of both of these, Jessie! SUPER cute card from Jonah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both darling! I love the first one--it looks just like a Jessie card. And Jonah's card is darling! I love the star details.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!