Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Salute You...it's a la mode Night!!

Hey everyone! Tonight is day 5 of this month's new release teasers from My Favorite Things, and tonight we have the new à la modes for you to see!!! This month's are simply AMAZING: Blue Without You, and Talk Nerdy to Me.....seriously, I AM IN LOVE!!!! Before we get to my card, here are all the important details that you NEED TO KNOW!

Here are the details about the upcoming release on September 6 at 10 PM EST:

  • The MFT release is on September 6 at 10 PM EST. You can attend the release party from 8-10 PM EST here in the forum for fun, games, and prizes! All the new sets and dies will be available September 6 at 10 PM EST.


  • The guest designer contest is ON! Check out the forum for details on how YOU can win over $100 in stamp sets and play along with the DT for a month.


  • If you'd like to see all the teasers for today, please click on over to Kim's blog NOW! Be sure to leave comments as you go for a chance to win one of 2 $10 vouchers being given away daily, just for leaving a comment. :) Check Kim's blog every day for the winners.
We're also offering you the chance at Teaser Time prizes every day during our new release preparations! Each day, two prize vouchers are held by members of our Design Team. Starting this month, you'll have all week to comment on each of the posts - all the winners will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th around 7:30pm. Be sure to check the MFT Blog to see if perhaps YOU were one of our lucky FOURTEEN winners!

Remember to leave a method of contact in your comments, because if you're selected as a prize winner, but we can't reach you, then we can't get you your prize!


For my card tonight, I started by stamping my girl from Blue Without You on X-Press It Blending card, and then colored her with my Copics. I then layered her with So Saffron, Spearmint, and Black Licorice. My white paper is Sweet Tooth, also from MFT. Her pants were paper pieced with some MME Lost&Found Rosy paper. SO FUN! I used the Stacking Star Die-namics, as well as the Open Scalloped Doily Die-namics. My yummy ribbon is from SU, and my brads are from Michael's. For my sentiment, I used the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics.



For the inside, I used another one of the sentiments from this set, along with all the extra stars I cut out. I find this is a GREAT way to use up all the little extras that may end up NEVER getting used otherwise....the HORROR!!! LOL!

Well, that is it for me for now!! Be sure to check out Kim's blog for a full list of designers participating in today's teasers!! Have a great day!

41 comments:

Buddy said...

Cute cards but oh how I love the clean and simple second card. Love love love it! TFS

zehra said...

love your color choice and the polka dots. way tooo cool.

DoodleDee Designs said...

This is truly gorgeous!!!! I love the stripes and polka dots. CUTE CUTE CUTE. Your second card is so adorable.

Arlene said...

LOVE the color combo and her paper pieced pants ROCK!! ❤

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent paper piecing! It makes her look like she has a dress on! Very creative!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

So darn cute, love the colors you used and the great dp

StampOwl said...

love all those stars :)

Heather said...

Gorgeous card, love your colour scheme and the stars on the inside a re soooo cute :)

Linda McClain said...

Oh, cute, cute, cute! I love your cascade of stars!

Sarah Gough said...

eek, so cute!

Helen said...

Love this card! Especially all those stars and the clever paper piecing. Great work!

Clarissa said...

Love that paper pieced skirt!! And the stars inside are adorable.

CraftyMomOf2 said...

Jessie!!! those polkadotted pants are TOO MUCH!! Fantastic on top of Fabulous!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Moira said...

cute card - love your colors and the paper piecing of the pants! TFS!

Dawn Easton said...

fabulous inside and out, Jessie!

Katie Skiff said...

Those are some snazzy pants!! Cute colors to work with!!

Pattie said...

Love, love, love the polka dots here and the colors are fabulous...great new a la modes too!

Lorie said...

I adore that color combo...so fresh and those pants? Fabulous! Great card!

Karen Motz said...

Love her pants and all the stars on the inside!

Theresa said...

Fabulous!!

Jan Garber said...

I love the papers you used with this adorable image! The inside is as cute as the front!

Dana White said...

So sweet - the paper pieced pants are perfect!

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

That ribbon totally makes this cute card- love the black and green together too!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a fabulously cool and fun card!! Love the piecing and all your wonderful stars!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Fantastic card,as always!!!!! Love the papers and layout! Good idea for using up extra die cuts, too!

Kimberly S. said...

Cute, cute, CUUUUTE!!! I love the paper piecing you did on her pants....ADORABLE!!! And LOVE the stars on the inside, too!

Susan said...

So cute Jessie. I love these ala mode gals!

Rachel said...

Adorable! Love the dots and stripes!

Melody said...

Those paper pieced pants are the cutest!

Flo - Sweetideas said...

I love your card, the paper piecing turned out great in those wonderful colors.

Nancy Thomas said...

Love the graphic look and the colors combo too. Beautiful.

jodylynn said...

OMG, I love the color combo!

Tenny Kusuma said...

Pretty card. I LOVE your paper pieced pant and it matched the star too. Too cute. TFS. Tenny ~ santoso10ny{at}gmail{dot}com

jeanne girl said...

Such a fun card - love her polka dot pants!!!

Tiffany said...

So cute! Love the black, green, and yellow!

Steph Herbert said...

Loving that DP! Awesome card! :)

Kimberly said...

Oh my word! I love all the colors, dp, dies used on your card. Great job!
kimsparks636@aol.com

Kelli said...

Those are some pretty fancy SCRAPS my friend, her pants look like a skirt too, LOVE that!!!!

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

SUPER cute girlie! LOVE these papers and her rockin' paper pieced pants!!

texasjodylynn said...

Super cute. I love how you colored her hair.

Terry said...

How attractive way you arranged those stars collections. It is such a stunning work, also those layer in black colour, you are such a very talented.
Nintendo DSi XL