Friday, January 28, 2011

Crazy 4 Challenges-Vintage/Shabby Chic

Okay, now seriously, be kind to me....BE KIND. I am NOT a Vintage-y, Shabby Chic, kinda girl...at all. I LOVE the look of it, and admire people that can pull it off, but I HATE it when I do it. It never looks right to me....egad!! Unfortunately for me, this week's challenge over at the Crazy 4 Challenges blog is to make a one of "those" kind of cards...and not being one to back down from a challenge, I struggled through.

I literally pulled out all my tricks for this card. I even used flowers, PRIMA flowers, and my old Vanilla Hodge Podge Hardware kit from SU. Wow. I started by stamping my Cupid image from the My Favorite Things Inspired by Love set, in Pale Plum ink. I then stamped my sentiment over that with Perfect Plum. I then layerd the image with those two colors of card stock, and some Mellow Moss. The edges were lightly sponged with Pale Plum ink, as well. My crochet trim came from MFT, and I used the MFT Faux Crochet Border Die-namics.


Well, that is it for me for now. Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day!! Be sure to hop around and check out my other crazies!! LOVE these girls!!

15 comments:

  1. I love it, I think you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, I love these colors together! Wonderful sentiment! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did very well girl. Stop being so hard on yourself! I, too, love the look but can't pull it off. I've tried and failed MANY times...haha! Glad you stuck with it! My thought was the hodgepodge hardware too...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, Jessie! Yep, I think you've got the Vintage thing going on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! I think you've got the chic down pat dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you should make more of them! Your card is gorgeous!!! I mean seriously vintage/shabby chic! I'm glad you were challenged to make one because well, you should have no worries, you did it like you do it all the time! I love all the vintage elements that you added!!!! Now go create more of them . . .LOL!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you captured vintage very well in this card...you can never go wrong with crocheted trim!!! GORGEOUS creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well..there doesn't seem to be any 'struggle' here....there is one beautifully vintage card with a quiet elegance and beautiful soft colors...you rocked this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I think you did a fab job on the challenge Jessie! Your card is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Jessie, love the borders...HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!