Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Charmaine!!

Today is our very own Prettie Girl, and Mama(x4) to be, Charmaine(charmwarm)'s birthday. To celebrate, the Prettie Girls and I are having a birthday party BLOG HOP!! So, first things first, if you are just now seeing this hop, head on over to my girl Jodi's blog to get started!! Be sure to follow the hop all the way through, and at the end we will send you to Charmaine to say Happy Birthday!! If you are here now, you should have come from Jackie's blog, where I am sure she has WOWED you with her creativity!!
For my card today, I wanted to find a cake to be inspired by. Awhile back, Julie directed us all to this super awesome website, Pink Cake Box, for inspiration(at least I think it was her), and I have become OBSESSED with looking at their cakes...they are amazing!! I saw this cupcake cake, and I HAD to use it as my inspiration!! Since it was so close to this week's Prettie Challenge, I decided to go ahead and make my card for it as well. I also used Jen's Sketch from Saturday. My colors are Vintage Violet, Sage Shadow, and Close To Cocoa. The DSP is from the Close to Cocoa pack. I used the super cute Lovebug stamp set from Paper Pretties for my main image, and the sentiment is from the Bugs and Fishes set. Charmaine has a thing for ladybugs, so I wanted to use this image for her!! I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on an MFT Perfect Panel and colored her in with my Copics. The ribbons are from SU, as well as all the brads. I ran the small Violet panel through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder.

Well that is it for me now!! The next stop on the hop is Frances' blog!! Have fun and HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARMAINE!!!

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Jessie, the colours are very rich and the image sweet!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just LOVE this, Jessie! I love the colors you used too! You guys are awesome. . .thank you so much for making my birthday even happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card, Jessie! Love the colors! I used the same sketch....GMTA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always come up with great color combos that work!!! Charlie will love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy "CARP" this is cute!!! LOVE the coloring, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cute Jessie and perfect for Charmaine - love the colors!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally cute Jessie and perfect for Charmaine - love the colors!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute card. Love it! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Great job with those beautiful cupcakes - your card matches perfectly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh fabulous take on the challenge! Love the layout and the vintage violet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!