Monday, February 16, 2009

I Did IT!!

So, if you are familiar with my blog, and you actually read my posts, you probably already know that I am not a technique-y sorta girl. I love to look, but never make....don't know why though, guess it is just who I am. When I saw that today's Technique Lover's Challenge at SCS was to make this cute LITTLE round top box, I decided to go for it...it couldn't hurt that much right? So I used the template from the challenge, and printed it out on white paper. I then cut it out and traced it onto Kraft paper. I wanted to play in Danielle's Weekly Challenge for Paper Pretties, so I had to use Kraft, White and one other color....obviously, since I am in LOVE with it, I chose Pink Pirouette. I cut it out of the Kraft paper and used my Scor Pal to score the fold lines. I then trace JUST the rounded back onto a piece of Kraft DSP and cut it out a tiny bit smaller than the back of the box to give it a layer. For the box, I used some Memento Rich Cocoa ink to stamp my cookies all over the box. I then added a piece of wide Pink Pirouette grosgrain around the hole base. On top of that, I added my sentiment, which was cut out using my Cuttlebug and the Ribbon Slide tag dies from Spellbinders. My main image is from the Paper Pretties set, Sweets for the Sweet. I stamped it with Memento Rich Cocoa and then colored it with my Copics. I added some piercing, and buttons from SU. The filling inside was a strip of Pink Pirouette that I ran through my crimper and then cut in tiny strips with my paper cutter.

Well, the native(Jared,hehe) is getting restless so I better go!! Be sure to check out both challenges and have a great day!!

30 comments:

  1. You did it and you rocked it! Wow, this is really amazing! I am like you, never make anything but cards. I did some boxes once but nothing for awhile! I should venture out of my comfort zone! But really, this is great Jess! You should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie: You did a terrific job on your box! I think it's gaw-jus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the box, Jessie! You're an inspiration. I think I'll give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this came out awesome! maybe it will inspire you to make more 3-D stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessie, this box is just gorgeous! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one non-technique stamper to another .... your box is soooo CUTE! Way to go Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you did it and great job! Cute little box. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SUPER cute Jessie.... You should do the challenges more often! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job Jessie!! This box turned out super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! You totall rocked this Jessie - it turned out fabulous!!! I have a hard time believing you have a hard time with ANYTHING as talented as you are! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! You did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah, my niece directed me to this cool template for the challenge and I remember liking the cute one with the kitchen utensils . . . I should have know it was Miss Jessie's!

    Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did a super terrific job even if you aren't a 'techie'......

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, Jessie! It's perfect!!! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! Fantastic box, it is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is AWESOME Jessie...I'm with you...I don't do the techniques too often but it's nice to get one done!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto - here!!! I'm glad you tried it though it is super duper cute!!!

    I printed out the template...he,
    he,he - maybe I'll try it someday?!?

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is AWESOME Jess!! I think you are technique-y kind of gal after all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just adorable!! What a cute little box! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is just too cute and I can see this design being used for an Easter display basket!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am loving this little box! You did a fantastic job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cute is this? You did a great job. I worked yesterday so I wasn't able to play this challenge, but after seeing everyone's wonderful creations this morning, I'm going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute!! I love your color choice and sentiment!! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. see, you're good at these 3D tnhings!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great job stepping out of the box (no pun intended) Jessie! This is fantastic!

    Hugs~Becky

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwwwww, I adore that! That is just a neat little box. SUPER CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is the cutest round top box I've seen...I absolutely love it! Go you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!