Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A BIG Announcement!!

Back in September of last year, I got asked to be a part of Jessica Knutsen's very first design team for her SUPAH CUTE new stamp line, There She Goes. Due to getting asked to be on the Dirty Dozen for SCS and My Favorite Things...so I had to quit. But guess what??!! Being the SUPER SWEET and AWESOME person that she is, she has allowed me to come back as a Trendsetter(that's what her DT is called ya know)!!! YAYYY!! My last month of the Dirty Dozen is this month, but I was SO anxious to get started, I went ahead and signed back up this month!! I am SUPER excited about the rest of the team too, I will list them all later. Seriously though, TONS of talent!! Starting Wednesday we will start giving peeks at the new sets being released on the 1st, so stay tuned for that, you won't want to miss them!!

This month's TSG challenge is to BLING IT OUT! So bring out your rhinestones, glitter, sparkle pens, stickles and everything else that you can use to bling out your card. Use TSG stamps and you will be entered to win a free NEW RELEASE stamp set! You have until Saturday 12:00 AM Est. to get those challenge projects in! Please use the keyword TSG04 and be sure to go to Jessica's blog and put your link in her Mr. Linky thingie!!hehe

Over the weekend, the current DT members asked all their blog readers to tell them what questions they would ask if they could ask a DT member anything. Here are the top 10 questions along with my answers......enjoy(which is the theme of my card...clever aren't I, LOL)

1. What do you typically start a project with? What's picked first: stamps, embellishments, DP, colors.....?
Normally for me, I start with the stamps and then paper, the rest works itself out from there!!

2. Do you give away your cards, sell them, send them or hoard them? Or all of the above?? I have recently sold a few, but that is DEFINITELY not the normal. I have quite a few here that REALLY need to be mailed out..but normally I send them all out or give them to family…I like to share the love!!

3. If you could design your own stamp or stamp set, what would it be?
Yikes, well in that area, I am pretty much a loss, but if I had the skills to do that, it would be a dog set that would include a Miniature Pekingese. That is what my dog Sophie is and she is just SO CUTE!! IMHO.

4. Where do you get your inspiration?
What usually gets me going is a good sketch or color challenge.

5. How do you balance your stamping time with your personal time/work/kids/etc.?
Ya, if you figure that out, let me know because right now I am a total loser at that,LOL!!

6. What is your favorite embellishment?
Asking me to pick ONE favorite embellishment would be like asking me to pick which one of my nieces or nephews is my favorite….impossible decision so it is never gonna happen!!

7. What is something that not a lot of people know about you?
If I told you, I would have to kill you….


8. On average how long does it take to create one of these fabulous cards we see each week??
An hour is about the average, sometimes more, RARELY less…..

9. What is your favorite coloring medium?
At the moment, I am enjoying my copics, but up until a month or two ago, I would have DEFINITELY said my SU markers. I am still more comfortable with those, but I love the variety of colors that you can get with the Copics.

10. What time of day do you prefer to do your creating?
I am DEFINITELY a night time stamper…which can be a problem because I tend to stay up WAY to late!!






















Well, there you have it...more than you really wanted to know right!! Anywho, here is a quick card that I made using the Let's Get Together set....LOVE it!! I paired it with my Good Morning Sunshine DSP from SU, as well as Pacific Point and Chocolate Chip. I used the Mojo Monday sketch for my card too. All the accessories are from SU, except the spiral clips. I colored the cup with Copics and then paper pieced the band. Well, that is it for me now...check out the rest of the team's blogs to see how they answered the questions...you know you want to!!
Angela http://aninkandasmile.blogspot.com/
Becky http://www.lakeshorestamper.com/
Bev http://bevithia.blogspot.com/
Christi http://cici510.blogspot.com/
Denise http://thepaperlandscaper.blogspot.com/
Faith http://stampinwithmarkiesmom.blogspot.com/
Holly http://toyzhaven.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/
Jessica (owner) http://jessica-thereshegoes.blogspot.com/
Jessie http://canyousayaddictedtostamps.blogspot.com/
Joanne http://inkyoceangazer.blogspot.com/
Jodi http://stampingalatte.blogspot.com/ <---yep, that's my girl!! Julie http://stampsandtaxes.blogspot.com/
Maki http://makinkstudio.blogspot.com/
Silke http://silkeledlow.blogspot.com/
Stephanie http://stephsstampinstuff.blogspot.com/
Wendy http://wickedlywonderfulcreations.blogspot.com/

29 comments:

  1. LOL! If I told you I'd have to kill ya...now, that is a quote I will remember! HYSTERICAL Jess! I knew all the answers already but it was fun to read! Congrats to you my darling friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jessie!! Your card is just so fun - what a great color combo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping all the talent on the Trendsetter's will rub off on me....I am in awe!!! Looking forward to working with you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessie,
    Welcome back as a Trendsetter!! I knew you would coming baaaack :)
    I still want to know even though you kill me...lol. You are one talented stamper who inspires me always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to have you back GF! OMG, I love your card! Who would have thought that PP would look good with CC????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy card girlie! :) And ofcourse, as always, you are such a fun read. If you told me you'd have to kill me? I'm ready. Bring it!
    Hugs @ ya!
    -Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. ACK! Love that card, Jessie!! Totally hilarious answers to the questions too! Can't wait to work with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that PP with choc chip! Your card is awesome girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL at having to kills us. You're too funny, girl! Welcome back to the team!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You thought you could get away from me by leaving gsg, but you thought wrong, bwahahaha! Seriously, I am excited to be on the team with you, loved reading your answers! Love the card in blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jess! Love these two colors together...who would have thought?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats, I love Jessica and her stamps!!!!! Can't wait to see what you come up! Always amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so excited to be working on another team with you sweetie! I loved reading all your answers and OMG is your card gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Jess...lots going on for sure! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can run but you can't hide as they say. Glad you got called back on to the team :) Lucky are they! Looking forward to your creations as I'm sure you're looking forward to working with some amazing ladies :) Congrats and enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was fun to read your answers to the questions! That card is beautiful! Love the deep rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations, Jessie!!! LOVE the colors on your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being a Trendsetter! I love your coffee card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally awesome card - Jessie!!!
    I'm so happy and excited to have you join us again!!!

    Big hugs ~Silke~

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeah! congrats. looking forward to seeing what you do, always love your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OK, so I've added myself to your stalkers and SO love your cards, Jessica was STOKED when she told me you were joining... Jessica is a SUPER SWEET gal and a good friend/neighbor...

    THIS CARD (since you said you mail them sometimes....) is GORGEOUS I LOVE PP and Coffee...do you need my address??? LMAO!

    WELCOME TO TSG !!!!!! This group of Trendsetters ROCKS !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats - Love the TSG stamps!! And LOVE this card...I think this might be my new favorite color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Big Congrats to you Jessie! Welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. CONGRATS, Jessie!!!! What a well-deserved honor! They are SO lucky to have you, girl! Love the fun colors on this adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your stuff!! Watch for it on SCS all the time...it will be fun to see your TSG creations. Maybe I'll be fortunate to win one in WIR!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Time flies doesn't it! I cannot believe this is your last month! You'll be able to wear the alumni title with pride for sure!

    Love your answers...you always make me smile. So glad to know you struggle with balance too...I mean not glad, but glad to know I'm not alone. Please don't kill me though!

    Congrats again! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. where can I get this stamp set? I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yay for you! congrats! Great card, too! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  29. congratulations, you're doing an awesome job with the sets already, I love the bright blue on this card! glad you're getting to like your copics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!