Monday, November 17, 2008

THIS Is Why..

I don't do the Technique Lover's challenge most of the time!! Talk about tricky!! I don't know if it was me, or lack of sleep, but I swear the directions are written in Greek.....thank goodness for pictures, LOL!! What am I babbling about, well, today's TLC was to make a card of project using this triangle fold medallion. You can find the directions here. I decided that I would try to use up some scraps, so I dug out my retired Ginger Blossom DSP from SU and got to work. I made my medallion according to the directions and then added a flower brad to the center(don't remember the brand, but I got them at Archiver's). I layered it on another piece of the DP and then layered it with River Rock, Groovy Guava, and Ruby Red. The base is Whisper White with the flower stamp from Embrace Life stamped all over, colored with my markers and ink pads, and then the edges were sponged. I added some GG and RR stitched ribbon and also some spiral clips and brads. The sentiment is from Flourishes, part of the Many Sentiments set, and the hardware is from We R Memory Keepers. I am super tired tonight, so I am off to bed!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow Jess I love your colors, super work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Jess!!!!!!! This is soooo amazing!!! I haven't attempted this yet......I think I'll have my DD try it for me!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jess! The medallion is amazing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks complicated..LOL but sure is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!WOW!WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous Jessie, I love that paper, the layouts, and that beautiful medallion - fabulous work, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! Wow!!! I am seriously in love with this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING, Jessie! Wow I gotta try this... wow wow wow is all I hve to say!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I struggle with technique challenges too...and I'm more of a visual person as well. Your card turned out beautifully. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle with technique challenges too...and I'm more of a visual person as well. Your card turned out beautifully. WTG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, seriously girl, this post needs a warning label: "The following material may cause shortness of breath and temporary speech loss." Truly breathtaking!! I'm the same way with techniques, and don't do them much either. Too funny that we both did this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. you're too funny! your card came out nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you - I usually don't do the TLC - LOL!!! This looked way to complicated...he,he,he!!! I must say you have done a fabulous job on the TLC!!! Your card turned out FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least you got it to work and it turned out beautiful! I gave up...just couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, Jessie! LOVE the colors/patterns and the hardware!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!