Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day Two- Another MFTeaser for You!!

So, when I saw the new sets for this My Favorite Things release, I was GIDDY!! I have been trying to find a cupcake set that I liked, but wasn't having any luck. I sorta liked a few different ones, but NONE as much as the soon to be released, A Cupcake Kind of Day by MFT. It features two super cute cupcakes as well as one sentiment. Totally ADORABLE, if you ask me!! I decided that I would use Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try from this weekend to make my card. I started with some retired Loves Me DSP from SU( I still have a TON of this, so if you need some, let me know, A TON I tell you!!) and stamped my cupcake on one of the pieces. I cut out just the cup part of the cupcake and then colored the top of the cupcake with my SU markers. The white part is Liquid Applique, to make it look more like frosting, and then I added some crystal effects to the cherry and the syrup part. I followed Jens sketch using the DSP, Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose cardstock. The spiral clips have cocoa and rose grosgrain and the other ribbon is white taffeta. I used some big white brads at the top and then smaller ones in the corners. and did a TON of piercing. The scalloped layer was made with my square Nestabilities, and I had kept seeing where Dawn(treasureoiler) kept piercing three holes in her scallops, so I wanted to try that out, SO CUTE!! My sentiment is from ANOTHER one of the new sets being released tomorrow night by MFT, Cupcake Flopsey-SO CUTE!!! I have another card made using this set, but I will post it later, since my nephew is yelling at me as we speak!! Hope you have a fabulous day!! Be sure to check out the MFT member forum for all the details!! If you would like to see all the samples from this release, check out this gallery!!

8 comments:

  1. so pretty! a cupcake set, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOVE it! :) I sound like everyone else that has posted, but really.... I LOOOOOOVE it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie I love cupcakes and I love cupcake images. I own a few sets but I have to agree with you that this image is different and wonderful. Great job on this card TFS.

    Debbie/Phx AZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!!! Love all of the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!