Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What a DAY!!

First things first....VOTE FOR MY FRIEND DONNA!!! She has made it into the finals at the Just Rite Stamper blog and I am THRILLED for her!! The competition is FIERCE, so she needs YOUR VOTE!! She SLAVED for her project, and it totally deserves all the votes it can get!! Be sure to check it out...her project is #5!! Thanks!!
So yesterday I get up at 6am like normal, get Jared's stuff ready to go, get myself cleaned up, straighten up the house, and then get on the computer to check my email before he gets here. My normal routine right?? Well, everything went they way it should have, I got my blog post done, sent out a TON of emails, got all caught up, and went about the business of taking care of Jared. When he lays down for his first nap, I run in here really quick to check and see if I missed anything(I am hopelessly addicted to the internet), and my computer has LOST its MIND!!! It had over 50 windows open trying to get on the internet without me. I finally get it to shut down, and I decide that it might not be a bad idea to run a virus scan...some tracking cookies were found, I cleaned them up, and restarted and it was fine. Okay, so about 2 hours later I come in and my computer is in the process of doing an entire system restore...all by itself!!YIKES!! By the time it was all said and done, it restored itself, then proceeded to open up 852 explorer windows.......HOLY MOLY!!! So..........after crying ALOT(I am a huge crybaby), my DH finally says, GET IN THE TRUCK, hauls me to Walmart and proceeds to let me buy a new laptop...YAYYY!! I know it isn't as fancy as some of the laptops out there, but it has everything I need to get by, and god honestly, I can barely run what I have, much less if it had any more bells and whistles. My old computer is on its way to the DR. to see if he can get it to recover from its stroke. I just hope he can get it working long enough for me to get my pictures and itunes off of it!!

So, needless to say, I had a rough day!! Today after Jared left, I decided that I needed to stamp in a big way!! One would think that last night since I couldn't get on the internet, I would have stamped instead...well you would be wrong. By the time I got done dealing with the computer I put myself to bed, I had definitely had enough!! This first card is one I made for the Paper Pretties Pajama party the first of this month. The challenge was to do some embossing of any kind on a card, including using the Cuttlebug. Well, since we all know I am addicted to my Cuttlebug, I decided to use it and my favorite Swiss Dots folder. The main image is from the Paper Pretties set Sealed With A Kiss. I colored it with my SU markers after stamping it on watercolor paper with Black Stazon ink. It was then cut out with my oval Nestabilities. I added all my normal ribbons, brads, oh my....hehe. I had originally made this card with my Sister and her husband in mind, but for some reason, I colored the hair colors backwards. I think we could officially call that a blonde moment!! Okay, this post just officially got out of hand, so I am going to post my color challenge card seperately!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!! Don't forget about the Paper Pretties sale....45% off...UNBELIEVABLE savings!!

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness what a time you've had!!! Hope things get better! LOVE your card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this card, Jessie! Hope you're smiling now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! That must've been scary! I would suggest to your PC doc that he look and see if you have the XP Antivirus 2008 (Malware) on your PC. Hope that helps! And congrats on your NEW laptop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MAN Jessie!!! I just hate computer issues!! What an awesome hubby you've got!!! I hope you can rescue all your pictures and music!! This card is just wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for the shout out! you are the SWEETEST {big hug & smooch} so sorry about your computer but how AWESOME is Travis for getting you a new laptop! wow! love your card, it's s sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!