Sunday, August 24, 2008

Kiwi Kisses for Kokirose

So, I know I didn't keep it a secret...but when the new colors came out for SU this catty, I wasn't all that impressed. Truth be told, I was kind of angry that they thought that THESE colors could replace my beloved in-colors from last year. Well, here I sit, eating my words....not only are they not that bad...they are downright wonderful!! Anyway....when I saw who today's featured stamper was, I just had to play. It is Patricia Rose aka Kokirose, and she is just super sweet. She leaves tons of comments and does some beautiful work. I chose this card of hers to CASE. I changed the colors, images, and embellishments. Basically, I kept the layout and changed the rest!! As a personal challenge to myself, I am not allowing myself to purchase any new stamps until I use some of my new ones that remain un-inked. This one, I HAVE used before, but it has been ages. I stamped the branches from Serenity(Verve Stamps) with Black Stazon and Kiwi Kiss on GP white paper. I then added the sentiment and pierced a border around the circle and under the sentiment. I layered it with Kiwi Kiss and Basic Black. A ton of layers, and brads, and ribbon, and it was done!!
stamps-Serenity by Verve Stamps
paper-Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, White
ink-Black Stazon and Kiwi Kiss
tools-silver brads and clip, black organdy, white taffeta, black gingham, Cuttlebug, circle nestabilities, swiss dots folder, circle punches

19 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous! I love this color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Jessie. I too wasn't impressed w/ the new colors. Then, I fell in love with them too. I finally caved in and ordered the whole lot, they will be here Tuesday - impatiently waiting.................

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? I'm busy for a couple days with DD's grad party and you go nuts! LOLOL Well, that's a good thing as these cards are PREEMO AWESOME!!!! I think I am softening a bit on the new In colors.....but I'm still stubborny holding on to my love of the old! LOL

    I can't wait to go do the FS challenge.....and your CASE card of hers is beeeeautiful!!!

    The butterfly card and Beate's sketch cards.....amazingly fabulous!!!! And gorgeous RAKs for such a giving and wonderful stamper!!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jessie! I love the Kiwi Kiss with the black.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty!!! Love it.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I didn't like them either and i have all 6 of them. Always nice to have new coors to work with. Love your card it rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool colour combo - I love it. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  8. just gorgeous! I like seeing the new in colors because I have not taken the plunge with them yet and am trying to decide on them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card - Jessie - love those awesome colors together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Gorgeous job on your CASE. Love that color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, love the combo! CTMH has retired our Kiwi and I too love it with black.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jessie!

    I was the same way also, so I only bought an assortment pack, well I just ordered more of the Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss & Tangerine Tango! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just gorgeous... I love that new color Kiwi Kiss.. I ordered it and can't wait for it to get here. Looks great with black...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous Jessie! Love the Kiwi Kiss and Serenity works perfectly with the design! Amazingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so Elegant! I didn't think I would like the new colors either but it's cards like this that can really sell them. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, so pretty! lovin' the new colors, eh? knew you would!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely CASE...you did a great job making it your own.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!