Saturday, April 5, 2008

Inspiration Challenge

Saturday's inspiration challenge over on SCS is this unique bedding by Boodalee. I don't normally do this, but I am going to post a picture of the bedding so that you will see what I was inspired by. Now at first glance, you are gonna think I am so far out in left field it is ridiculous, but remember, it is inspirational, open to interpretation!!! At least that is what I keep telling myself. Do you see it yet...keep looking...there on the head board??? It's a little red moped!!! I don't have a moped stamp, but I automatically thought of the bicycle stamp from Time For You from SU. I colored it in with my markers and paired it with Soft Sky, Ruby Red, and Chocolate Chip. I am on a satin ribbon kick, so I added that on to. The sentiment is a rub on from SU. It was in the Love and Happiness rubons that were offered as a Sellabration set. My piercing looks a little wonky in the picture, but not so much in real life, oh well, what can you do!!! This may be one of the simplest cards that I have made in a long time, but I am so pleased with it!! Isn't that image the cutest!!
That is all for me now, I am exhausted and need to get some sleep before my nieces wake me up in the AM. Thanks for looking and for all your support!! Have a great day!!
stamps-Time For You
paper- Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky DSP and CS, and Whisper White
ink-black stazon
tools-chocolate chip ribbon, rub ons, paper piercer, SU markers and prismacolor cool grey marker

10 comments:

  1. Jessie.......I TOTALLY LOVE that mo-ped inspiration!! You are just so amazing with what you see with your artist's eye!!! And your card and layout and colors are just fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you make me buy a new stamp! I've been holding out on that one, but you make it look SOOOO cute. Stinker.

    Great colors and amazing layout. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! That is so funny! I looked and looked and finally had to read where the bike was! You are such a sneaky one! Darling card -- I agree with Joanne -- Don't make me buy that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see it, I see it!!....I love how you pulled out that little element from the inspiration piece and totally RAN with it...and nailed it! I love your layout and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see it until you pointed it out. Fabulous card. Your coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so adorable! I love simple and fabulous cards. I stamped a whole bunch of these little benches and will have to CASE this! Thanks for sharing!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love it!! How do you color so awesomely?! I am in awe of this skill you have mastered! I have to get something to make my coloring better--Copics are probably my 1st choice, but WAY expensive, so maybe I should get some prismacolor markers. Or, you could just fly to Seattle and give me one-on-one lessons..what do ya say? lol! Speaking of, when's that fun shoebox swap in TX going to be? I'm so excited for you--and a bit jealous too! :) and happy weekend, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your take on the inspiration challenge! Beautiful peaceful...love the design and your colour. Another stunner!

    only NINE letters today! think I can do it my first try?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to keep looking.....wonderful interpretation...any reason to use that awesome bike. Good Job! Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with the inspiration challenge! Drawing inspiration from the moped is brilliant and love how you still stuck to the general color theme...I just love this set and you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!