Friday, March 21, 2008

Which One??

Jen posted the Friday Limited Supplies challenge early, and I was so intrigued by it, I just had to get to work. Unfortunately, it took me forever to complete. The challenge was to make 2 to 4 cards using the same stamps and paper. You could change the embellishments, but you had to use 3 to 4 stamps, white or vanilla, and two other colors. Basically, it was to get back to the Basics, like when you first started and had a limited amount of colors and stamps. The first card(the verticle one) went rather quickly, but the second, kicked my butt!!! Not so much the layout, because I knew I wanted to use Julee's mojo Monday sketch again, but I kept screwing up the flower. I tried and I tried, and I finally decided to not cut out the flower, which is what I was trying to do in the first place. Then, I pierced the edges of it, and didn't like how it looked, so I had to start again. I finally got it to look good and realized I had screwed up the sketch, so it is SORTA Julee's sketch, we will call it inspired by Julee's sketch. Since both cards use the same things almost exactly, I am just going to list my supplies. Thanks for looking and have a great day(or night, whichever the case may be)!!! Oh yeah, which one do you like the best, I have a favorite, but I don't want to influence you, so let me know!!
stamps-Lots of Thoughts and Friendship Blooms
ink-Real Red and Black Stazon
paper-Real Red, Regal Rose, Whisper White, and Sassafrass Lass Candy Apple
tools-paper piercer and mat pack, rhinestone brads, bold brights brads, SU markers, white taffeta, pink and red gingham, oval punches, word window punch, crystal effects

15 comments:

  1. Okay, so both are just adorable! The flowers came out great, the color combo and the layouts awesome! And LOVE the dp...it works so well with the rest of your theme!

    Okay, so now to choose - I'll go with the one on the right, but total WOW for both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can send one to me.. These are amazing.. great job jesse.. You rocked this challenge hun.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhh Jessie!!! These are both gorgeous!!! I admit I need the weekend to work on this as I just finished up swaps and have the house inspection tomorrow......but I'm looking forward to it!! I'm very torn ya know!! I love the ribbons on the vertical and all the piercing (as I'm totally into piercing these days!! LOL) on the horizontal one. Is that close enough for a choice??? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the horizontal - both are very pretty though :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! I can't choose - they are both outstanding!!! Just super!!! Do you ever sleep - LOL???

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOTH are super...They compliment each other well...and the colors are wonderful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, both are completely fabulous, but if you threatened me in some manner I would have to choose the vertical one with the cut out flower as my fave:) I am going to try to play this later....I am so not getting any quality stamping time in the last few days:(
    Big Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's no way I could choose!!!
    They are BOTH Beautiful!
    Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have done NOTHING cute with my Friendship Blooms set so I appreciate the inspiration :-) Both cards are awesome! If I ever get away from the computer, I might actually try the challenge myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like them both, but Im partial to the one with the UNCUT flower. The one with the cut flower is also competing for my attention with the ribbons & the layered sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why do I have to choose??? I like them both. Ok, after much consideration I choose the one on the left with the brads and Crystal Effects. I love the paper piercing, too - good job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on the challenge. I love both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fantastic! If I had to choose, I would pick the left one because I am crazy for all that awesome piercing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a hard task to chose only one out of two gorgeous cards!
    I like them both...but if I were to pick I'll go for the UNcut flower card w/crystal effect...
    I like it for it's simplicity.
    And I love all that piercing...
    U sure have LOTS of patience!:)
    {{{hugs}}}

    Paola (SCS=sama)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh, the left is such a simple but AWESOIM layout, but I love the one with the 3D flowers poppin out on the right!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!