Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What A Combo!!

What a color challenge they had on SCS this week!! It was guest hosted by non other than the fabulously talented and hilarious, Carole Burrage(trucarma). She wanted to make us all have indigestion or something along those lines, so she was going to pick a truly awful color combo. After realizing she would have to make a sample with those horrible colors, she decided to pick three of her favorite colors and put them together. Her samples were wonderful, mine, ugggghhhlllyyyy!! I despise this card on so many levels, but it is just awful enough that my MIL should love it. I don't know if that says something terrible about my MIL, but I know, she would never tell me she thought it was ugly, so she is the only person I can give it too. The rest of the people I know are just to honest!!LOL. Okay really, it isn't that bad, but it is totally not me. I used Julee Tilman's mojo Monday sketch for the layout. The swirls are from Priceless(SU) and I outlined them with glitter pen. I punched out the holes with my paper piercer too, and then decided to do a frame around the card, which I actually like. The sentiment is from Warmest Regards and is also stamped in Sage Shadow. The flowers are from Petaloo(the orchid one) and Heidi Swapp(white and ghost). The Sage flower started out white, but I colored it with my SU Sage Shadow marker and then squeezed it between two paper towels to take out some of the color. Well, I hope you like it better than I do!! Have a great day, and try to stay dry(it has rained almost 8in here in the last 24hrs!!).
stamps-Priceless and Warmest Regards
paper-Kraft, Sage Shadow, Orchid Opulence, and Whisper White
ink-Sage Shadow
tools-white brads, ghost flowers and white flower from Heidi Swapp, Petaloo flowers, Sakura glitter pen, paper piercer and mat pack

6 comments:

  1. Jessica - your card is gorgeous and elegant!!! I can't believe you
    despise it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie......how can you say this is ugly???? Now I didn't even attempt this challenge......I very obviously chickened out!!! LOL I think you did a stunning job on this......and the flowers are so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gimme a break - it's beautiful! And, keep in mind that you are getting to make beautiful card creations while I work, work, work away my day. . .I miss my stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beautiful, you're your own worst critic, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you crazy? This is fabulous...I love the colour combo when I see it on your card. You notice I haven't posted mine yet...now that will make you shake your head!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As that sage Dickie Roberts would sing (channeling the wisdom of Cypress Hill), "Insane in the membrane/Insane!/Got no brain!" That's you, my friend, because these colors? Gorgeous. And this card? Fantastic!!! : ) Congrats on your new wheels, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!