Sunday, February 17, 2008

WOOHOO!!! Go Betty, Go Betty!!(I got tagged again too!!)

Today's featured stamper over on SCS is Betty, aka gbedwright. If you haven't been to her gallery, go now, you WILL NOT be disapointed. If you aren't familiar with the featured stamper challenge, it is where our host(Beth Siliaka) picks a stamper every Sunday, and you go through their gallery and CASE(copy and steal everything) one or more of their cards. The rules do require you to make atleast two changes, and to give proper credit to the original artist. If this sounds like something you would be into, check out the challenge here. It is a great way to see galleries you may have never found on your own. I think it is a huge honor, and Betty totally deserved it. I picked Betty's Thank You card here. Since it is required by the challenge, I changed, the colors, the images, the ribbon, used dp instead of making my own background, and I left off the flowers in the top corner. I just couldn't get them to look right. I started with a 5 1/4 square base of Mellow Moss, then Lavender Lace, Whisper White, and then a piece of the retired Spring Flowers DSP. The layers were 5in to 4 3/4 to 4 1/2 for the DSP. I then stamped my truck, driver, and eggs(don't you just love this set, it is so versatile) on whisper white with Black Stazon. I colored it in with my SU markers and used my Zig painty for the hubcaps and bumpers. The shading is done with a cool grey prismacolor marker. I cut it out using my circle nestabilities. The sentiment is from the Loads of Love accessories set, a genius set also, and was also stamped using Stazon black on whisper white. I used the 1 1/4, 1 3/8 and scallop punch for it. The ribbon is more of the yummy ribbon I got from Embellish It. My circle ended up way to big, but I love the end result. I tied the ribbon aroung in a square knot and then used the ends to tie more scraps of the ribbon, so their would be lots of tails sticking out.
Can you believe Easter will be here so soon. I figure I am going to have to make atleast one card a day, somedays two, to have enough by then. I am still trying to figure out how I am going to get my St. Patrick's day ones done too. I sent out 35 valentines, and I am certain, I will need more than that for Easter, as I make new friends. Speaking of new friends, I got tagged again with the E for Excellence tag!!! You guys really know how to make a girl feel good!! This time I was tagged by Jenn D, you can check out her blog here. Thanks so much!! Have a great day everyone!!!

stamps-Loads of Love and accessories

paper-Whisper White, Mellow Moss, Lavender Lace, Spring Flowers DSP

ink-Black stazon

tools-Circle nesties, cuttlebug, sheer ribbon, circle punches, SU markers, prismacolor marker, and Zig painty

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Wonderful Easter card, and this design works so perfectly with Loads of Love! Cute!! Oh and love those nestabilities, I'm still wishing for mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card!!!! That dp is so cool with the Loads of Love stamp!! And I can see that I must get a Zig pen!!! That is some of my favorite ribbon!! Okay, I must make time for today's challenge!! You've got me motivated!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooo cute.
    iam glad to see someone to use loads of love!! it is a fantastic set and you used in a "new" way with the nestabilites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm laughing outloud! I picked the same card from Betty's gallery to CASE. Are we sisters or something? Your card is darling! Love that SU stamp - I have the truck, but not the eggs - I'm thinkin' I need 'em now! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the challenge Jessie! Love how the background dp looks like it was stamped. The truck with the eggs are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!