Thursday, February 7, 2008

Kharmagirl Rocks!!



My SCS friend Jodi, aka Kharmagirl sent me this fabulous card for starting my new blog!! What a surprise!!! It is beautiful Jodi, and you are the sweetest for sending it!! I loved it so much that I used it for the inspiration for my Ways to Use It challenge today for SCS!! I loved the colors that she used, so I decided to use them on my card for today. I started with a piece of 5 1/4square cardstock in Purely Pomegranate(by far and away my favorite of the in colors!!). I then took a piece of Whisper White and sponged PP ink on the edges. I cut a 2in. strip of this yummy paper from the Bali Breeze collection and matted it on PP. I then tied a piece of this yummy white swirly ribbon that I got from Jodi in my elf package. I really wanted to try to do another of those Dahlia fold cards, so I used the Bali Breeze paper to make one. I punched my circles out with the 1 3/8" punch. I put an antique copper brad in the middle, and I don't know if you can see it, but the brad has polka dots too!! I glued the flower down on Whisper White, then Bali Breeze, then PP, and sponged the edges. I love how Faith, aka Markie's Mom always puts here sentiment on top of the hardware, so I have started doing that too. I think that about does it. This card is going to another one of my SCS friends, who had to have emergency surgery this week, although I am still waiting to find out what the heck happened!! Thanks again to you Jodi, you really do rock!! Hugs, and have a great day!!


stamps-All Holidays
paper-Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, and Bali Breeze DSP
ink- Purely Pomegranate
tools- 1 3/8"circle punch, large and small oval punches, antique copper brads and hardware, ribbon

2 comments:

  1. You lucky girl!! What a beauty she sent...course anything she does is beautiful!

    Love your card! Just saw it on SCS, but I wanted to drop in and tell ya all over again! That ribbon is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fab card - love everything about it...Jodi makes such wonderful cards!

    Yours came out adorable! Love the ribbon you used and dahlia is the perfectly finished with the brad...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!