Monday, January 28, 2008

My First Post!!! WOOHOO!!!

This is my first post on my new blog. I have to admit, I am so nervous. Crazy, right??? I don't like to admit it, but I am not as computer literate as I would like to be. I am afraid that I won't do something right, or say something stupid. My worst fear, is that I will be just as boring on here as I am in real life!!LOL


So, to anyone who might happen to read this, be patient with me, I'm new here!!!


I tried to decide how I would do this. I could go on for days and days about the creations I have made, but there is no point, so instead I will start with the latest of my creations. I am no artist, but I do love what I do, so I am going to share it!!!This is my card for the My Favorite Things sketch challenge over on SCS. It is hosted by Cindy Haffner, and if you're not playing, you should!!!
I used the set, It's a Jungle Out There, by My Favorite Things. I stamped the elephant from that onto my patterned paper by Die Cuts With a View. It is from their Glitter Stack which I bought on my last trip to Archivers. I then cut it out, mono'd it to my Whisper White CS and outlined and shadowed with Prismacolor Cool Grey 20% marker. I used my corner rounder to create the scalloped edge on the Ballet Blue and So Saffron cardstock. The triangle eyelets I used are retired from Stampin' Up!. I then used the large and small star punches from SU to punch out the stars and used pop dots to layer them. I took a Sakura Glitter pen and colored the solid large stars to make them sparkle. The sentiment is made from alphabet brads that I bought at Wal-Mart called Zoophabets. The panel they are on was punched out using the word window punch from SU also.

Well, that is all for my first post!! This is so fun!! Thanks for looking and have a great day!! I think I need to go to sleep now, although I don't know if I will be able to sleep, I am so excited!!!(Lame, I know!!)

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloging world....
    I'll be checking on you....

    Your cards are great!!! I'm looking forward to seeing more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful first post!!! Welcome to the world of blogging -- you WILL enjoy it -- tons of fun!!! Best wishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Bloggerland. I'm adding you to my Google Reader to keep updated on your blog entries. Blogging is lots of fun. Love your card. Great design. stampinsusie on SCS! My blog:
    www.berkerblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is in my SCS favs - it's so darling! I'm so excited for your blog! I added you to my "I Know People" typelist. . .

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!