Monday, January 5, 2009

The Celebration Continues....

So we are in Day 5 of my friend Melanie's Blogaversary celebration and I am pretty sure we are having fun, right??!!! That's what I thought!! For today's card, I decided to take a whack at CASEing JulieHRR again. I chose this card of hers and changed the image, colors, eliminated the scallops, and paper....that's it, Yayyy ME!!! I did it, LOL!! I actually think this card is super cute too, which is a change for me. Normally when I make something this under done( as compared to my normal 15 layers and GOBS of embellishments), I am not happy with it, but I think this card is sassy and cute!! I stamped my Hippo from Melanie's Hip Hop Accessories stamp set with Momento Tuxedo Black on Gina K. 120lb white card stock. This stamp set can be bought at Gina K. designs and is SO FUN. It was made to coordinate with her Just So Hippy/Hoppy sets, and it gives you a TON more choices!! Anywho, my Hippo was colored with my SU Going Gray marker and her nails were colored with my Regal Rose marker. I actually stamped the hippo three times, colored all three, then cut out parts of it to give it more dimension. I used my Circle Nestabilities to cut out the white and my Scalloped Circles to cut out the Soft Sky layer. The DP is from My Mind's Eye and it was layered on top of a piece of Soft Sky. The base is Gina K. white also....simple, easy and SUPAH CUTE!!
Well, that is it for me now...my nephew will be back here tomorrow so, FUN FOR ME, LOL!! Also, sneak peeks of the new My Favorite Things releases start tomorrow, so stay tuned..you don't wanna miss them!!

Be sure to blurf around and see what the other designers have created in honor of Melanie's celebration. And don't forget to stop by her blog and see what she is giving away today!!



13 comments:

  1. what a cutie! That DPis makign ym thnk of my bermuda shorts last summer...and I think they did maek me a look a little,... well! Thanks for another day of YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhh cute!!! Gosh I love the swatch of dsp and that hippo is just darling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! You did it and it's Super cute, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Jessie! You card is sweet and the dp is just the perfect touch...btw - I added you to my blog roll, thanks for heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This hippo is so cute! I love your card Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This hippo is so cute! I love your card Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my eyes deceive me - no brads, multiple layers or more than one ribbon! HA! great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card! The hippo is so cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect paper withthis image, Jessie! LOVE the card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card!! Great job! :)b

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute this is!!! Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this stamp set, and this card is adorable! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!