Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh Boy...

Well, in THEORY, I LOVE this color combo...in actuality, it tried to KILL ME!!! Seriously, if you could see my work table and my trash can you would probably laugh, a lot!! In the end...still not EXACTLY what I wanted, but I still love it..and I can add it to my DONE pile, so WAHOO for me!! This is gonna be short and sweet, mostly cause it was super simple(once I got it all done, LOL). I used the SU set, Big On Christmas, which was colored with my SU markers, re-inkers and a blender pen. I added some glitter with the Sakura Stardust Glitter pen, and some silver gel pen to the top of the ornament. The colors are from the challenge(Not Quite Navy, Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze) and the DP is from the Urban Garden pack from SU. The background was embossed with my Argyle folder and Cuttlebug. The ribbons are all from SU as well as the brads. The spiral clips are from Spare Parts. Well...gotta run! Those presents won't wrap themselves!!

Prettie Tuesday

ETA: OMGOSH - have you been over to see the December Issue of Sheetload of Cards? It is extra special (IMHO). Paper Pretties is the proud sponsor of the December Issue and I have to say the girls over there did a beautiful job with the Christmas stamps - WOW! If you haven't seen it yet you can check it out HERE.

My nephew is teething, my Christmas cards are STILL not done, I haven't wrapped a present yet..........awww, STRESS, I LIVE for it!! Anywho, here is a new card for you to oogle, LOL!! I made it for the last Paper Pretties release party using the set Snowflake Kisses. The challenge was to make a card using the faux tearing technique...well, I totally screwed up the technique, but I LOVE my card. I used Bordering Blue ink and this fabulous tutorial to make the faux tearing panel. The snowflakes and sentiment were stamped with Night of Navy and then I added some crystal BLING to the centers(from Mark Richards). After THAT was done, I colored the whole thing with December Sky Shimmerz...YUMMY!! It is SOOO super sparkly!! The mittens were done the same way and then cut out. I added some ribbon, brads, and the white panel was run through my Cuttlebug with the Snowflakes folder.

Well, that is it for me now...I am off to TRY to get some more done on something...anything...