Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Prettie Wednesday-Make Your Own DP

So, two weeks ago Jackie challenged all the Prettie girls to make a card using self made DP. We were to make the DP, use it in the background, and Paper Piece with it. I chose to use the flower from Rainy Day Friends. I colored the flowers with my Riding Hood Red and Pink Pirouette ink pads and a blender pen. I then paper pieced the dress with the same paper, but it looked to plain, so I decided to color it in with my Mellow Moss marker, hope that isn't breaking the rules!! My main image is Flutter By Sophia and the rest of her was colored in with my SU markers and blender pens with my RHR and PP ink pads. The necklace has some liquid applique on it to make it look like pearls. I added a bunch of white brads, cause I love them, hehe, and some ribbon from SU. The gingham paper is part of the Bella Rose DSP from SU. This card is heading out today to my pal Jodi . Be sure to blurf around to the other Pretties and see what they have created, and as always, PLEASE play along if you want, we love it when you do!! Don't forget about the GINORMOUS SALE over at Paper Pretties...trust me, you DON'T want to miss it, and it only lasts this week!! This weeks challenger is Charmaine, and I can't wait to see what she has in store for us. I am off to take a nap, not feeling so hot. I felt so bad overnight, that we decided that I shouldn't keep my nephew...I won't see him again until Monday, WAHHHH!!! Thanks for stopping by and hopefully I will be back later with some more...once I get a nap of course!!

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Jessie! Everyone else seemed to have NO problem with this challenge. . .your card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Looks like we had similar ideas - great minds!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! I just ordered this stamp..can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Jessie! Love the dp you made, I didn't even think about using that little flower:-) Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! :D Love the dp and her paper pieced dress...too cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet card (reminds me of you) I love the white brads - you need to get stock in those! love the puffy necklace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jess...too fabu!! LOVE all the flowers...you rock sista!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!