Friday, January 2, 2009

Whoaaaa!!

Have you SEEN the Inspiration challenge for today(tomorrow)??? The challenge is to be inspired by a website called Cake Nouveau, and I am telling you, when I clicked on the link my JAW hit the desk..these cakes are UNREAL!! I needed to make a card for my niece who's birthday is tomorrow, so I decided to use this challenge as well as the MFT sketch to get er' done. She is having a cowgirl karaoke party(I am planning on being heavily medicated), so I wanted to make her a cowgirl card to go along with the theme. When I saw this cake, it reminded me of my Ride Em' Cowgirl set from My Favorite Things, so I decided to use it. I stamped it with Momento Tuxedo Black and colored it with my SU markers. I then layered it with Rose Red, Close To Cocoa and Whisper White. The edges were sponged to soften them and I did some piercing. The background is some Close To Cocoa embossed with my paisley embossing folder and then I used the SU scalloped edge punch on it. I added the sentiment( from You Take The Cake) with some Stylized Silver hardware. The ribbons are all from SU, but I think the Close To Cocoa is retired. Well, I better go, I have been cleaning and reorganizing my stamp room(long story), and I still need to make another card before I go to bed!! Thanks for stopping by!!

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh these colors are deeelish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jessie this is AWESOME! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie - this is a FABULOUS take on the cake!!! I totally love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card - I need to use this set again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing going along with image, great colors and love the book plate too, great touches!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!