Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Prettie Wednesday-Jess's Color Challenge

So, two weeks ago my pal Jess(pinkgirl76) challenged all the Prettie girls to make a card using Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Baja Breeze(or similar colors) and I gotta tell you, I LOVE this combo. Not only do I LOVE this combo, I LOVE my card. This was my first time using my Lovebugs set(from Paper Pretties), and it is SO CUTE!! I was going to use both of the bugs, but I got this little cutie colored first and decided it was time to stop...she was just too cute all on her own. I started by stamping her on Gina K. white with my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad. I then colored her in using my SU markers, re inkers and a blender pen, and then covered all the Baja parts with some December Sky Shimmerz. I then cut and embossed her with my Cuttlebug and Oval Nesties. I don't know who I saw do it first, but I decided to alternate from scalloped to regular ovals so that I could use most of the challenge colors as her matte, and I LOVE it. The spiral clips were a Christmas gift from my super sweet SS Jackie P.(does that girl know me or what)!! I added some Baja Breeze striped ribbon to finish them off. The base was run through my Cuttlebug with the Argyle folder and the DP is from the Murifield DSP. I stamped half my sentiment on the outside, and then finished it on the inside. The dot after my were added with my SU black marker. THis card is on it's way to Jackie R.(babitoons), hope she likes it!! Well, that is it for me now!! Be sure to blurf around and see all the rest of the DT's creations for this challenge. If you want to, and we REALLY want you to, why don't you play along!! Just leave us a link here so we can all ooogle your goodies, LOL!!
Thanks for stopping and have a great day!!


14 comments:

  1. What a sweet card!! I really do like that color combo. cute as a bug:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Jess...I'm so happy you liked the combo...I did too LOL :D We must think alike, cuz I ALMOST used this set! LOVE how it turned out! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that color combo...wish I was at home so I could play along.. :( Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally cute - Jessie!!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card---the image, the colors and the argyle embossing folder really is nice. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous Jessie! Love your colour combo and what an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable!! She looks so prettie those colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ask! So fabulous Jessie! Love the layout and layering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet buggie! Love this color mix, too. You always manage perfect placement for your ribbon and brads. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! I love the colors, texture and the double ribbon bow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I LOVE her in these colors! Just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo adorable!!! And GORgeous colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bug looks so adorable! Great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!