Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's Up Wednesday Challenge

Did you know that every Wednesday, My Favorite Things has a What's Up Wednesday challenge as well as a chat thread and special sale? Well, now you do!! Today's What's Up Wednesday Challenge was hosted by Joanne(basilefamily) and her challenge to us to emboss something on your card. You could heat emboss your image, use some sort of dry embossing, stamp and emboss a background, change the color of an embellie by embossing it etc! Lots of possibilities. For WUW Kim thought it would be fun to add a free Perfect Palette to all orders over $40, today through midnight Friday! Simply mention Perfect Palette in the comments section of your order and she will add one in! If you don't add the text, they might not remember (sigh...)! So don't forget!! Part of Joanne's challenge, besides embossing, was to use one of the Anne Lapoint images on your card as well. I decided to use one of my favorites, Chill Out. I love the polkadots on the tub, they are so cute!! I colored my image with SU re-inkers and SU markers. It was then outlined with my Prismacolor Cool Grey Marker. I layered my image with Bashful Blue, Old Olive and Perfect Plum. The white layer was cut out with my Cuttlebug and Rectangle Nestabilities. I added some silver brads to the end of the rectangle as well as all of my embossed panels. My sketch is a past MFT sketch that I thought I hadn't done, but I did, oh well!! Each panel was embossed with a different folder.
So, I really need to get back to my stamp table!! Thanks for stopping by again and have a great day!!

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love the colors and the way you used several differnt CB folders. Very creative. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous!! I love the colors, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time on your blog and I love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet colors. This tub is your signature piece! Love the polka dots.

    Hugs,

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Jessie! Love the colors (oh do I ever love those colors together) and all the great layering and the combination of different embossing. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card - love the colors and all the brads - cool layout too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love all the different embossing on the squares!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!