Friday, October 3, 2008

Say WHAT???

So, I was stalking the Limited Supplies challenge for today, and I just happened to be the first person to see it, sad really!! Of course, it became even sadder when I saw that the challenge was to make a card using no embellishments. HUH???? Okay, so you could use your Cuttlebug, Nesties, and various other things on a very short list, but no brads, no ribbons, no hardware, no beautiful spiral clips...nothing. Tragic really!!LOL!! So , I decided that I had to try, because if ever there was a challenge custom made for me, this was it. I used my Butterfly Happiness set from There She goes. The paper is some retired SU DP which I stamped the vine from Butterfly Happiness on in Mellow Moss-immediately after stamping it, I covered it with my large sentiment panel, so unless you really look, you can't see it, but hey, I know its there!! The butterflies were stamped with Perfect Plum and Pale Plum, then cut out and popped up. The quote, which makes this for yesterdays Ways to Use it challenge, was stamped on Very Vanilla, and all the layers were cut with my Rectangle Nestabilities. I did a lot of piercing, because lets face it, I had to do SOMETHING!! So now that it is done, and you have seen it, I am off to cover the whole thing in brads and ribbon........but I did do it!! That is it for me for now...I will be back later, hopefully, with more goodness for you to see!! Thanks for stopping by!!

15 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Jessie! :D I love the colors and those sweet butterflies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe there are no embellishments on here, because it's GORGEOUS all on its own! Love the colors and papers...and, of course, the gorgeous TSG butterflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! You are such a crack up! You're gonna go and gussy that baby all up now!!! hehe! It looks absolutely gorgeous as is, but I know how you are, so go for it! ;) Hey, I just wanna say also, sorry I've been neglecting you, girlfriend. I think about you all the time and I just don't do comments like I should..BAD ME! But I'm sending you a lil summin summin, so keep an eye out for it! :) hugs and smiles for a fab-o weekend, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it sure turned out gorgeous Jessie - I love this and the butterflies look beautiful!! Way to ROCK this challenge, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love the purple and I love the butterflies popped up! This is so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous girl!! I can't believe there are no embellies on there. It is tragic but you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well miss Jessie, I'd say you rocked this challenge! In purple no less...love your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. See, I'm not the only one who tortures you and limits your embellishments! LOL Beautiful card, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a tough one, I know!! NO embellies--how cruel can you get??!! You did a fantastic job! I love the colors and papers, and the butterflies are the perfect touch.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post gave me a good laugh!! I can totally see you adding a bunch of *Jessie* embellies after you finished!! Your card is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's gorgeous!!! Well done my friend!!! The piercing, colors, quote and butterflies are just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I think you did a great job despite not being able to use embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks just beautiful like this Jessie!! Good job challenging yourself!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. well, i think you did a great job...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. still with no embellishments, it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!