Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Circle, Circles, Circles

Man, what a PARTY last night over at Paper Pretties!! We are so excited, we actually crashed the server!! How awesome is that!!! LOL!! There were a ton of new faces and we are so happy that all of you took the time to join us? So, what did you all order, I am dying to know!! LOL!! Also, a big congrats to Lisa Helmts who won our Cutie Pie contest!! WOOHOO!! You go girl!! her card is on the front page of the Paper Pretties site so go check it out!!
Two weeks ago Danielle challenged all the Prettie Girls to make a card using circles. Thank goodness, because her last challenge was a masculine card and it almost killed us all!! I chose to use this months Stamp Of The Month Club set Bunny Slippers. If you didn’t get signed up before the first she won’t be available to the public until August. Trust me, if you haven’t signed up, you totally want to, next months stamp will be featured on my blog this week and it is too stinkin’ cute!! What I love about Christies SOTMC is that fact that you get your stamps before they are released, so anyone can feel like a part of the design team(so if you are curious what it feels like, this is a super awesome way to feel that!!). Anyway, back to my card. I colored my Bunny Slippers Sophia with my SU markers and aqua painter. I then cut her out using my circle Nesties and layered her with Close To Cocoa and Pretty In Pink. The DP has circles on it(right??) and is from the SU Berry Bliss pack. I then tied some YUMMY ribbon I got from a share with Jody Morrow. The sentiment is from the Paper Pretties set, One of Those Days, and I thought it would work perfect with Sophia. It was cut out with my key tag punch from SU and then layered on circles. This card is already on its way to Joni!! I am so proud I got it mailed out before Wed.!! LOL!! Next weeks challenge will be Christie schallenge to use green and white on a card. Julie is this weeks challenger, and I can’t WAIT to see what she has cooked up for us!! Be sure to blurf around and see what the other Prettie Girls(listed in my sidebar) have for you to look at, and if you wanna play along just leave me a link to your card!!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
Stamps-Bunny Slippers and One of Those Days
Paper-Close to Cocoa, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Berry Bliss
Ink-Black Stazon
Tools-SU markers, aqua painter, Cuttlebug, swiss dots, Circle nesties, circle punches, key tag punch, white brads


BTW-You should TOTALLY go over to Paper Pretties and sign up for the gallery, the cards from last nights party ROCKED!! If you do, be sure to leave them some love in the form of a comment!!

13 comments:

  1. very cute!! sorry I couldn't make the party, Jonathan's birthday was yesterday(he shares this auspicious date with Linsey!) so we were at the babseball game until late, so tired this morning!

    are you ready for your guest desinger spot tomorrow?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. It was great being a part of the release party last night. I picked a few hints for the next one and am ready to party again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love what you are doing with Sophia!! Darling...Adorable...Sweet!!

    The party was so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card Jessie! The image was colored beautifully and I just love the color combo! I tried to get onto the Pretties forum but it just kept giving me an error message. You have made it very hard for me to resist their stamps, gonna go see what I want to order! TFS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joni's going to LOVE this card - great job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was one of the newbies at the party and only got to post three times because my computer would not cooperate. I was so disappointed. :( This card is fantastic!!!! I want to order something so bad but the budget will not allow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm just so happy I signed up and can't wait to get this little cutie!!! And how can you make her even cuter?? By using pinks and browns and Berry Bliss!!! I LOVE this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jessie, this is gorgeous! I love pink and brown and you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the card!!! Super cute!!! I was one of the newbies at the PP party - I had the best time and everyone was sooooooooo friendly!! I bought Cuddle Me and Flutter By - here's hoping it doesn't take too long to get to Australia - I can't wait to play!! :)
    ~ Kathy (aka Wattle at PP & SCS)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG - this one is super cute too - I love the colors - Jessie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog and still cannot believe that I am on the paper pretties site as the cutie pie....I look to your blog for a lot of inspiration and still I sit on cloud 9 just waiting to be pinched and woken up! Love the colors together and thank you so much for the shout out on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Jessie...and such an amazing coloring job!! LOVED the party and can't wait to get back in the right time zone so I don't have to miss any of future ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!