Monday, June 2, 2008

The Whole Enchilada

When I looked at today's Technique Lover's Challenge, I wasn't going to do it. The challenge was to make a set of 3x3 cards and a box for them to go in, or The Whole Enchilada. Now, I am not much on making boxes and sets of cards, and honestly, I have no idea why but my pal Jodi(kharmagirl) convinced me that I needed to give it a try, so I decided I would. I originally bought this set after seeing some of her fabulous creations, so I decided that I would use it to make my set. The box was made first using one of the patterns linked to the challenge. I decided that I wanted my box covered with DP, so I cut a piece the same size as my card stock and glued it on. I made the band using another piece of the Summer Picnic DP and then wrapped my ribbon around it. I stamped all my fruit in Real Red once and then in Wild Wasabi, and cut out the different pieces. I then covered my fruit with crystal effects to make it shiny. I tried to do a different layout and ribbon on each one, but I put silver brads on all of them, because you know I love my brads!! That is all for me for now. I am off to try to do the My Favorite Things sketch for today!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
stamps-Tart & Tangy
paper- Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Whisper White and Summer Picnic DSP
ink- Wild Wasabi and Real Red
tools- silver brads, wasabi and red striped ribbon, red gingham, corner rounder, circle punches, and crystal effects

12 comments:

  1. I am so glad I convinced you! This is AWESOME and so up my alley! You KNOW I love these stamps and paper!! Woo Hoo! You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she convinced you too. This is just so nicely done!!
    Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Great job. I chickened out of the enchilada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie........what an amazing set!!! And the cutest box ever!!! You've inspired me to ink up this set I got but haven't used yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great set Jessie! Looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute! Well done!!
    smiles, Deena

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT!!! This paper pack rocks and so does your cards!!! :D
    So glad your friend convinced you to do it!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just ordered this set and this paper. I can't wait to get it! I love what' you've done with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, done! I love them-the whole set is amazing. HOw do you keep up with all the challenges? You blow me away with each one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely gorgeous set Jessie! you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!