Thursday, June 5, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where....

has my mojo gone, oh where oh where can it beeeee!! This may have been the hardest card I have ever made in my LIFE!! I LOVE it, don't get me wrong, but I think by the time I got it done, I had every My Favorite Things set out on the table along with every black embellishment I could dig out!!! I made this card for the MFT guest designer challenge that was issued last night at the release party. The challenge was to use black paper and embellishments on your card. I used some white, and some black and white, but I think you get the point. I stamped this image early this morning to make some 3x3 cards for one of the other challenges from the party last night, but I just couldn't get inspired to do anything with it. I had already had both of my sheep stamped on watercolor paper with black Stazon when I started to "see" my card, that was almost 11hrs ago, and I am just now done!! I am pooped, so I am going to make this super quick. I colored the grass in with my Old Olive marker and aqua painter. The grass stamp is from the MFT set It's a Jungle Out There. I sponged in the sky with Bashful Blue. The sentiment(isn't it perfect) is from the Paper Pretties set Wade E. Bug. I wanted it to look like a thought bubble so I used my black brads to help create that . The sentiment was punched out with my SU oval punch and the black oval was cut out with my oval Nestabilities. It looked kinda plain, so I used my white gel pen to add some dots to the scallops. I put liquid applique all over both sheep and heated it to make it puffy. Then I stamped a separate sheep and cut out his head and popped it up to give it some dimension. The black strip was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder and then I used my corner rounder to make scallops. I added some black gingham ribbon and white brads and put that up on dimensionals. The SU Aida cloth background stamp was used to make the background. I added some photo corners and it was done. I really love this card, I just wish it hadn't caused me so much grief!! Wish me luck in the contest, there are always so many fabulous entries!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!
stamps-Punny Farm&It's A Jungle Out There-MFT, Wade E. Bug by Paper Pretties, and Aida Cloth by SU
paper-Old Olive CS and DSP, Whisper White, and Basic Black
ink- Black Stazon and Bashful Blue
tools- black brads, black gingham, white brads, Cuttlebug, Oval Nesties, scallop punch, swiss dots folder, corner rounder, aquapainter, SU markers, photo corners punch, white gel pen, liquid applique

24 comments:

  1. Oh, great card! It is amazing how one card can cause so much stress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU with NOMOJO? NOWAY! I totally dig this card! I hope you win, it's fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! So creative, Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh Jessie!!!!!!!!! How utterly, fantastically, beautimous!!!!!!! Your mojo is sooooooo spot on!!!! The colors, the adorable little sheep.......fantastic embellies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOJO?? Are you kidding?? This card is amazing! I love the colors and your bubble idea is brilliant! Good luck! You totally deserve the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your chances are very good, girl, it's awesome, (I probably won't even bother trying now, thanks for freeing up some of my time this weekend)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little card :) Sheep are wonderful. Don't take this wrong, but it's nice to hear even the "pros" struggle with making cards at times as this is my life quite often when it comes to creating a card -- only got one creative gene and it gets stretched big time. Best of luck with the submission - you'd be an AWESOME designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out fabulous! I just love the sheep!! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! I think this is a definite winner! I was planning on trying for this too, but with competition like this, there's no way I'd get picked! I hope YOU win!
    http://clearlydelightful.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific card! Looks like a winner to me! Your mojo has been found!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your mojo is right with you my friend (and I think you may have mine!!) I LOVE this card! You ROCK Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness - this is too stinkin' cute!!! Your mojo has found you again...this card is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this may have taken a great deal of work, but all your effort paid off. It's FABULOUS! Good luck in the contest!!

    {crossing fingers, toes, legs and eyes for ya!} ...how's that for a picture??, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Frustrating time makes for a beautiful outcome!! This card is awesome, Jessie!! And you're right about the sentiment...it's perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling card Jessie, LOVE the fun and creative design. Hope you win, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORABLE...love what you finally came up with! We all have those days (but usually what i end up is trash worthy---this is AWESOME!)
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! Very fun! Good luck in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out great, Jessie! I once had a scrapbook page that took me a month! I just couldn't get the darn thing worked out the way I wanted. I can totally understand how one card can cause such a fuss. It was well worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card!!! Hope you win - good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. whatever!!! no mojo-schmojo!!! That's silly talk! YOu totally rocked this challenge and you are my personal pick for 1st place! :) I LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well so glad you stuck with it cause is this a beauty or what??? Best of luck on winning - keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow you know i love this wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ummm....if this is you without MOJO - I want to be YOU!!! This is so stinkin' cute, I just love this! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  24. Umm. . .I don't think you're mojo has gone anywhere! I've missed so many awesome creations since I've been gone! You rock girl!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!