Monday, March 31, 2008

Why Oh Why...

Do I try to take pictures at night. I can never get a good one!!! I need to buy all the fancy equipment, but then I couldn't spend money on stamps and gas!!LOL This card is for the Technique Lover's Challenge over on SCS. The challenge was to do Paper Tole on a card, but the image could not be a flower. I had never tried this with a flower, or without, so I decide it would be a nice challenge to try. The idea is to do multiple layers of the same image to give it depth. I didn't do many, but the main image is on Whisper White and embossed in black(so were the other layers by the way). The second layer was cut out except for the antenna's that would just be ridiculous. The last layer is just the body of the butterfly. I colored the image in with my Pale Plum then my Perfect Plum marker. I then went over the whole thing with my aquapainter to take out some of the color. You can't see it, but the whole image is covered in Perfect Pearls to make it shiny. The background was created by inking the "reverse" side of the cuttlebug folder(back of the front) with Perfect Plum ink and running it through the cuttlebug. Then I took my Versamark pad and covered the whole thing and embossed it with clear embossing powder. My hardware is from the Stylized Silver hardware from SU. I colored it with my Sharpie first, but didn't like the way it looked, so I covered it in Versamark and embossed it with black. The rest is pretty self explanatory. The second picture is blurry, but it is of the layers. Thanks for stopping by and making my day brighter!!!
stamps- Circle of Friendship and Butterfly by Inkadinkadoo
ink-Versamark, Black Stazon and Perfect Plum
paper-Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Basic Black and Whisper White
tools-hardware, black organdy and brads, black embossing powder, clear embossing powder, perfect pearls, SU markers, aquapainter, cuttlebug, textile folder

24 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about picture taking (at night) & needing the fancy equipment. But really you're pics always come out very nice! And this one is no exception dahling. So much detail! You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the rich colors, beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, hear ya on the photography skills, lol! Your card is stunning - beautiful job working the layers and all the little touches (pretty pearls, negative CB inking) really make for a WOW card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card!! I love the butterfly. He looks as though he is in flight... Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous - fabulous work!!! Very dramatic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!! I love the richness and your background. I sure wish I had a Cuttlebug! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's beautiful.......night time picture taking or not!! I'm definitely hoping to feel good enough to do this challenge as it looks so cool!! I love how you didn't try to cut out the antennaes.....I did that ONCE!! Sheeesh!! LOL Your colors are so gorgeous and the ribbon adds such elegance!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfully rich card. I love the butterfly. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. That butterfly looks beautiful! Love the cuttlebug bg...wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossed hardware looks really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Jessie! Love the color combo and the cb background just pops...great job on the technique as well.

    Thanks for the Easter card and I'm so glad you liked the card I sent you...know that you're in my thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for you - Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that your photos are always fantastic! and your card is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card Jessie! Great job with the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jessi - fabulous card and so very elegant too - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rich, elegant colors! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this is one beautiful card. It really inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, great job on this card!! Butterfly looks so real from this end you'd swear it just landed on the card. Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jessie, this card is absolutely stunning. Sahron put it right, it is dramatic. The colors are just so very perfect. Love it!!!!
    TFS your talent :D.
    Did you make Yakatori yet?

    ReplyDelete
  19. The name is supposed to be SHARON.
    I guess my fingers were faster than my brain :D Sorry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! This card really caught my eye! It's beautiful--colors, layout and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  21. how totally gorgeous! I love that butterfly! You are amazing, girl! I can't believe I missed this--what a knucklehead I am! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!