Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sketch Challenge

Okay, so if you came to visit me in the last, we'll say 30 minutes, I am an airhead!! I push enter instead of tab all the time, and post before I have done anything!! I guess I could call it my own little way of building suspense!!LOL Speaking of suspense, go check out Melanie Muenchinger's blog(she's listed over there in the blogs I stalk), she posted her Hoppy Mentions today, and guess who was mentioned, ME along with some other SUPER talented ladies, including my favorite blogging buddies(you know who you are, ALL of you)!!! I am so excited!! I love what I do, and I hope others do to, but it always helps to get a little affirmation, if you know what I mean. Anytime I am having trouble with a card, or life in general, I go to my gallery(or my blog) and read all the wonderful comments people leave me. They really help me through the rough spots and the blah days!! My card tonight is for today's sketch challenge over on SCS. I LOVED this sketch, and will probably use it often. It is so simple, but you really can do some cute stuff with it. I wanted to go all out, and really bling it up, but I got to the point where it is at, and thought, you know what, this is cute, leave it alone!! Sometimes I can spend an hour embellishing something that took me 5 minutes to put together, am I alone in this??? I stamped the chick from Just So Hoppy with Black Stazon on Whisper White, colored it with markers, went over it with an aquapainter, and then cut it out with my circle nesties. I drew the white dots on with my white gel pen, because I was in a dotty mood!! The rest is pretty easy to figure out, but as always, if you have ANY questions, just ask!!! I am always around to answer any questions anyone has!! Thanks for looking and have a great day!!

stamps-Just So Hoppy
paper-Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Certainly Celery CS and DSP, and Prints Pack
tools-SU markers, aquapainter, cirlce nesties, cuttlebug, swiss dots folder, white taffeta, blue and celery grosgrain, white gel pen, prismacolor marker cool grey





9 comments:

  1. Cuteness!!! I'll play in this challenge later today.....and CONGRATS for the very well-deserved Hoppy Mention!! You've made a tremendous amount of fabulous Easter cards with those stamps..........and others too of course!!! This sketch is great......and so is the ribbon and the dots!! Maybe we'll call this one "Just So Dotty"!! LOL I love your cards Jessie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Jessie!! I LOVE the colors...and of course love that stamp!! :-) Congrats on your hoppy mention...you totally deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card its sooooooo springy! Big congrats to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this little chick card! The colors are gorgeous, and I really like how you tied the ribbons. Thnaks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card it is so beautiful, I like your style!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! It really cries out SPRING!!! I loved this sketch too, it was really fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! I'm surprised they haven't asked you to be on their design team! You have created some amazingly cute and beautiful cards...this one is no exception! Congrats on the honourable mention...hope you get some free stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Jessie...you have been a busy girl. All of these cards are wonderful! I love the color challenge card, your coloring of that card proves that you don't need Copic to get fabulous coloring! CONGRATULATIONS...you go girl. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww.....super cute! Love the chickie! Love your double ribbon on each of the panels too! And I know what you mean about embellishing. I can get CRAZY with it but sometimes you just gotta walk away for a bit. You always do a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!