Monday, March 24, 2008

Flap Fold Thanks

Today's technique lover's challenge was to make a flap fold card. Our guest hostess for this week is JoLynn, aka stampissues, and she chose to do this fabulous card that she found a tutorial for on the Scor Pal website. The tutorial is fabulous and very easy to follow, so if you have seen these(or you like mine), you should try it, it is so easy!! I started with a 3 1/2x8 1/2 sheet of Basic Black. I really wanted some more layers on this so I did a second layer in Rose Red(3 3/8x8 3/8). I used my circle cutter to round out the edge of both papers and I glued that together and scored it at 4 1/4 and 8 1/2. I then attached a piece of Rose Red DP to the bottom flap that measures 3 1/4x4. For the top piece of DP, I cut it at 3 1/4 and then used my circle cutter to round out the edge, I then flipped the paper to the side I didn't want showing and made a pencil line with a ruler to cut it off. There is probably an easier way to do this, but this worked for me. I used my circle nestabilities to cut out my lamb from Pun Fun(Thanks Jodi!!) and then layered it using my circle scallop nestibilities. The sentiment was cut out with my word window punch and layered it with RR and BB. I added the brads and the ribbon and it was done. I have to say that in the tutorial is tells you to use Basic Grey snaps to close the flap, but I really didn't have anything that would work for that, so the ribbon is actually tied around the bottom flap(the one with the brads) and I slid it up over the fold flap to keep it closed. That's it for now!! My dh just came home for lunch and asked if I was feeling okay, when I said yes, he just said okay and left. I think he wants me to clean or something!!!( I don't blame him)!! Since it is not going to clean itself, I had better go!! Have a great day!!
stamps-Pun Fun
ink- Basic black
paper- Basic Black, Rose Red, Whisper White and Rose Red DSP
tools- black brads and organdy, rose red marker, cool grey prismacolor maker, nestibilities, cuttlebug

6 comments:

  1. Jessie........that's just awesome!!!! I definitely have to try this so I can actually start using my Scor-Pal!!! I love the colors you used and that adorable sheep!!! I think I'm gonna "snag" your ribbon closure as I don't have snaps either!!

    Awww......reality and housework do have a way of crashing down on us!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I'll have to check out the tutorial IF I ever get to stamp again! LOL Between the new/old house and work, I'm just swamped out of my mind!

    Maybe the DH should check out your card collection, then he would understand everything perfectly! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, too cute. Great use of the argyle paper....goes perfect with the little sheep. ha ha. Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful flap card! Love the DP and that sheep is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is way cute, Jessie! I almost did this one yesterday, but got too busy and frusterated with my messy stamp space--I must clean before any more creating (which means I better clean fast!) I love your flap card, great colors and patterns! That sheep is so darn sweet! TFS today

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love this style of card. It's so nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!