Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This Is Why I Don't Stamp This Late!!

I started this card with today's sketch challenge in mind. I saw the sketch, and knew exactly what I wanted to do. Well, to make a long story short, it was way to big for the sketch. You will learn, in time, that I have absolutely no perception of size, time or distance. I was one of the smart kids in school, everything came easy and I never had to study. I am what you would call book smart. I don't think that anyone, ecspecially anyone who has asked me for directions would call me street smart!!! I can't judge distance, I am famous for saying I am so many minutes away and being way off(and it's places I go all the time, I should know this stuff!!), or for thinking something will fit, when it is either to big or to small. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything!! So anyway, I stamped this wonderful Brushed Lily from Rubbernecker(one of my treasure hunt goodies) on watercolor paper with Black Stazon. I used my Pretty in Pink marker to color the flowers in and used my aquapainter to lift some of the color off. On the stems, I used Mellow Moss and went over it with my aquapainter. After coloring it I matted it with Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, and Chocolate Chip. It was way to bright for me, so I sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink. After getting it all matted, I knew it was going to be too big for the sketch, but I loved the image. I had used this Mellow Mossy grid paper on a card on Sunday, and I loved it, so I decided to use it again. It is matted on Very Vanilla, Mellow Moss, and Chocolate Chip. The card is 5 1/4square, by the way. I used my very neglected(it's not neglected, I am totally hoarding it!!!) Chocolate Satin ribbon and tried really hard to tie a pretty bow. If you only knew how long it took to get it to where it is, you would think it was the best bow ever!!LOL The sentiment is from the All Holidays set. It is stamped in Black Stazon on Very Vanilla then matted with PinP, MM and CC. I sponged the edges on it to soften it up too. That is all for now!!! Thanks for looking and have a great day!!
stamps-Rubbernecker brushed lily, All Holidays
paper-Mellow Moss, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Very Vanilla, Spring Flowers, Watercolor Paper
ink-Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip
tools-su markers, chocolate satin ribbon, aquapainter

4 comments:

  1. Well, maybe it was off on the sketch dimensions........but it's an absolute winner of a beauty contest!!! I love that image...and the aquapainting is wonderful. I have NOT mastered that yet! Okay, I haven't mastered a lot of things yet!! LOL I understand the hoarding of that ribbon........it's my absolute fave!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous card...beautiful design, awesome colours! I always think of a sketch as a jumping point, and if it doesn't look anything like it in the end, it's all good...or in this case, magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is awesome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ribbon! I was laughing reading your post b/c I'm the same way (book smart...not street smart)! (my dh would say I'm suffering in both!!) LOL. I'm AWFUL at directions....which is especially bad b/c I'm a real estate agent! LOL Bad news for me!...& my clients!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!