Friday, February 15, 2008

I Thought This Was Supposed To Be Simple???

Isn't the purpose of a "stamp simply" challenge for the card to be simple?? So why is it every week, I seem to make it difficult?? Sharon's, aka notimetostamp, challenge for today was a sketch challenge. She had a lovely sample to work from, as always!!! Somehow, I seem to make it so hard. When it is done, it is easy to replicate, it's just the journey there that is difficult for me, anyone out there feeling my pain??

As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew exactly what stamp I wanted to use. I just recieved an order from Rubbernecker this week, and this was one of the stamps that I recieved. Isn't it beautiful!! I also knew exactly who it would be for. Jen, aka Jen70, usually hosts the limited supplies challenge on SCS, but had a death in the family, so this is for her and her family. I was going to put a sentiment on it, but couldn't get one to work.

So, I colored the Hearty Vase in using my SU markers. It is stamped on watercolor paper and I used Stazon Black ink. I used Pretty in Pink and Rose Red for the hearts and Mellow Moss and Always Artichoke for the leaves and stems. The base is actually my 20% cool gray prismacolor marker and it is highlighted with my Going Gray marker. I then went over all of it with my aquapainter. It really helps to blend all of the colors. It was matted on Pretty in Pink and Rose Red. The strip across the card is 3 1/4 to 2 3/4 starting with Rose Red. The base is 5 1/4 square in Basic Gray. The ribbon is Basic Gray tafetta.

Well, that is all for now. Thanks for looking and have a great day!!!
stamps-Hearty Vase
paper-Basic Gray, Very Vanilla, Watercolor, Pretty In Pink, and Rose Red
ink-Stazon Black
tools-SU markers, aquapainter, gray tafetta, Prismacolor Cool Grey maker

4 comments:

  1. Jessica - your card is simply gorgeous!!! You have done a beautiful with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....I left the word *job* out of my sentence....LOL!!!

    Again - You have done a wonderful job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessie - it's just beautiful girl! You have to be one of the most thoughtful people I've ever known!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I definitely have had that "making it way too hard" issue! This card is so lovely and just perfect for a special thinking of you card. I like it without a sentiment......the beautiful image and colors say it all.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!