Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch, with a twist!!

I am in heaven today!! I am going to stamp all day, if it kills me!!! I have so many challenges that I want to catch up on, and I am determined to get them all done!! Wishful thinking, I know, but I am going to try. This card is a twofer.(two for the price of one!!) It is for Beates weekend sketch challenge and also for Melanie Muenchinger's Just So Hippy challenge. I love this set she designed!!! I started with a black base that measures 9x4. I then used Rose Red, Pretty in Pink and then some of the yummy Berry Bliss paper from SU. I then punched out a 1/2"and 1/4" circles and put a white brad through them. They are up on pop dots. I then matted a smaller piece of Rose Red with some of the Rose Red DSP. I punched my scallops out of Pretty in Pink, then 13/8 circle in black and 1 1/4" in white. I had already stamped the giraffes and colored them before I punched them out. I don't know why, but I can hardly use the scallop punch without either wanting to punch holes in it, or draw on it with my gel pen!! I punched the sentiment out with my word window punch, but it was too long, so I did it seperately, and I attached it with a black brad. The ribbon I used is from the retired Flirty Ribbon Originals. Well, I guess that is all for this one!! I will be back when the next card is done!!!

stamps-Gina K. Just So Hippy
paper- Berry Bliss DSP, Rose Red DSP, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White and Basic Black
ink- Stazon Black
tools- SU markers, Scallop-1 3/8-1 1/4-1/2-1/4 circle punches, Word window Punch, white brads, black brad

5 comments:

  1. This is just TOO STINKIN' CUTE! Oh my goodness! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessi - this is so cute!!! Love all the details....

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is dynomite! You are really on a roll! Love those little giraffes and the embellishments are so perfect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute....and great job with the sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love!!